Our Faith

Our Priest

Community
Bulletins

Community
History

Community
Council

ILLUMINATIONS

Greek School

Souvlaki Dinner
Takeout

1935 Greek Orthodox Community Thunder BayIn 1904, the first Greek immigrant, Stavros Petrakos, came to Thunder Bay. Over the next 14 years, a small number of Greek immigrants came to reside in the Lakehead area. With strong faith in God, they decided to build a church to worship the Lord.  Although money was scarce, nothing hindered them from fulfilling their desire. According to the records, the cost of the lot was $800.00 and the material and labour for the erection of the church was $2,300.00. In 1918 the Greek Orthodox Community, with its Church, was founded.

The first priest to serve the Community was Fr. Michael Tsimperis from 1918-1920. He was succeeded by Fr. Michael Stoikos, Fr. Daniel Gambrillis, Fr. Leonidas Kyriakakos and Fr. Gabriel Mathopoulos
In 1935, financial difficulties arose, forcing the Community to close
its church for twenty years. During those years, the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Thunder Bay served the faithful.

Philoptochos 

Our Youth

Getting Married?

Getting Baptized?

Photo Galleries

Resources

Map

Driving Directions

Contact